Tomorrow is my 26th birthday.
I love birthdays. I can't help it. To me, a birthday signifies the fact that you've been granted another year to fill up with your own experiences and memories ... And how could anybody complain about that?
To reflect on my own birthday, here are 26 things that I've really loved to do this year. Plus, the links to some of my favorite things might help you find some good holiday gift ideas for all the awesome people in your life. Enjoy!
3. Travel -- Opportunities to travel this year were frequent and fast. I took fool advantage of it and I'm so glad I did. Travel is the one expense I never ever regret.
4. Write -- Writing is my job, but it also brings me great joy. I'm grateful for that everyday.
5. Journal - It's different than writing, trust me :) and it's saved my sanity more than a few times. I'm loving this green Kate Spade journal right now.
6. Pin home decor ideas -- 2015 will go down as the year I was finally sucked into Pinterest. Not mad about it. Check out my Home Sweet Home board to find all my latest mid-century modern inspiration.
7. Go on walks -- It's harder as the weather turns colder, but I love closing out an evening with a long walk through the neighborhood.
8. Wear warm socks -- I think my toes are numb the majority of the year. These J.Crew socks save my life (okay, maybe just my feet) everyday.
9. Cook vegetarian dinners -- Again, see Pinterest board. I'm going over a year strong on vegetarianism with no signs of turning back.
10. Drink wine (see above) -- I can't cook without drinking wine. Most evenings I think I belong in Italy.
11. Watch Netflix -- We don't have a TV at home but we do watch Netflix almost every night before bed (on a laptop). I love watching standup comedy (mostly Aziz Ansari) and right now, Jessica Jones.
12. Go to concerts -- I didn't get to nearly enough concerts this year, but I caught a few at the Vogue that will stick with me for awhile ... Delta Spirit and Pokey LaFarge to name a few.
12. Try new restaurants -- I love to cook, but I love to eat out even more.
13. Plan parties and get-togethers -- I'm all about bringing everyone together.
14. Make playlists -- This goes hand in hand with #13, but I also love to create playlists for specific seasons, moods, and activities. Check out my Spotify here, but don't say you weren't warned. You're going to find a lot of dirty hip-hop and more Justin Bieber than I care to admit.
15. Hang with my brothers -- My brothers live in other states, so seeing them is a rare occasion. But when we do get together, we love to watch SNL and eat mediocre Mexican food in our pajamas. A lovely image.
16. Go to the movies -- This one would surprise my boyfriend since I haven't seen "any of the movies that matter," but it's true, I love going on dates to the theater. Especially Keystone Arts Cinema ... See #10.
17. Visit my parents -- Same as my brothers, my parents moved out of town not too long ago. I've loved traveling to see them this year and think that planning a trip around it makes the visit all the more significant.
18. Surf -- If I could do it over, I would totally become a pro surfer. In the meantime, I'll just be the only 26-year-old riding a longboard down the Monon and plan frequent trips to California.
19. Wear sparkly things -- More sequins, please.
20. Drink coffee -- Coffee is often the first word that comes out of my mouth in the morning. It's not an addiction it's just a way of life.
22. Meet new people -- To fuel my extroverted personality, I love scheduling meetings to network and get to know new people. This usually involves coffee or wine which, as you know, are also some of my favorite things.
23. Eat popsicles -- I've rediscovered fruit popsicles as an adult and it's the best thing ever.
24. Give people cards -- Handwritten letters and cards are a lost art. I like to write handwritten notes to just about everyone, but I especially love to surprise the people I love the most with an unexpected card when they need a pick-me-up.
25. Be outside -- Summer is my favorite month.
26. Celebrate -- I celebrate life every chance I get, but especially today! Thanks for celebrating with me.
Tell me something you love doing or something you're grateful for in the comments! I want to know more about how you celebrate life.
And if you liked what you read, subscribe below to get more thoughts and advice on writing, marketing, and life delivered to your inbox a few times per month. Thanks for reading!